Monday, March 8, 2010

3. The Research Paper Rationale

2008-01-26 (Editing a paper) - 31, 2008. Note: Copyright Nic's events

After a brief decision period, I made mine. I am going to write a research paper on STEREOTYPING.
I have chosen that because I find this subject contemporary. Stereotyping is everywhere on Earth. It occurs in society, in our relationships etc. If affects our way of thinking quite a lot. Often we act and make decisions referring to our stereotypes.

For example when we meet somebody, thanks to our tendency to stereotyping, we get immediately some pre-images from them. That is not so good, I think.

What about other options that I haven't chosen?


About adolesecence: Nowadays, I don't want to be in a bad mood. I couldn't put up with some melancholic adolescent's daydreams. When I think of adolescence, I imagine dready, sad thoughts, wandering around on Earth with dark skin and sleepy eyes and being hurt when collide with each other because of their vulnerability. I imagine a head bowed down and wet eyes. (Maybe this what I have said is also a stereotype) So, I prefer to keep this subject away from me.

About the violence subject: It is contemporary, too. However, I wanted to research something global. So, the stereotyping subject is GLOBALER than honour-killings in Turkey etc.


I hope this research paper will bring me some benefit and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. :)))
    such a great rationale...

    But, dear Can, stereotyping of WHICH group and in WHICH context? Remember you need to specify a focus for your research...please let me know your final decision...

    I like your contribution to the grammar of the English language: "globaler" :D

    ReplyDelete