Friday, January 8, 2010

Boys Don't Cry and About our Presentation

What effected me mostly in this film was that it is based on a real story. That completely changed my attitude toward this film.

In the movie, I liked the setting as well. The film plays in rural area and the producers managed to reflect such area very well; the cowboy hats, the scene where our characers participate in a speed race etc, I liked them.

The worst scene was the last scene but not because it was a crime scene but the crime was not like real. John triggers and Brandon dies but we cannot see any bullet and Brandon bleeds as soon as being shot, although no part of him is wan ounded by the bullet. That was a mistake of the director, I think.

And for my presentation, I researched much (about hate crimes etc) and saw how common such crimes occur. That made me sad.

About our presentation: At first, it began well, Erman started strongly and loudly. We also had the song “Boys don't cry” in the background. Then... We realised that we had been projecting the draft of our slide show! We apologized for our tecnhiqual issues. But that moment, in my opinion, was both shocking and hilarios :)

1 comment:

  1. I think your presentation was really nice.
    It made me very curious about the Movie. I uploaded from BK and will watch it as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete