Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Full Monty

http://www.digital-tv.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/fullmonty.jpg

I watched this film when I was a kid.

Recently I have watched it again and liked it one more time.

I felt sorry for the guys who do the full monty. They want to have a better life and offer something better in life to their family/children etc. However, they suffer being unemployed, having not enough money to get or do what they want. This situation leads them to doing a striptease.

I do not blame them for doing that. When a person feels miserable, they could do anything to avoid it. The men in our film have chosen to be strippers, through which they could earn some money for theirl ives. We can discuss whether what they do is indecent or not. I think that it is not indecent. They do their job without hurting something or someone and they have an aim and for this aim they act. If women are removing all their clothing in front of other people and if we do not get angry about it, we also are not allowed to get furious at these 5 men for doing that either.

And what makes their situations acceptable is their love to the people around themselves. They do striptease for them. I think this quotation fits here quite well:

Who can give law to lovers? Love is a greater law to itself. Boethius

2 comments: