Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Oral Presentation Practice

Oh, unfortunately my presentation did not go well as I expected. First of all, I couldn't say all the things that I have in my mind. That was because of my nervousness maybe, but eventually, it wasn't satisfying for me. I would give a low grade to it. Something between 60-70.

However, presenting something is fun, I think. It is a creative way of learning and telling something. And with a slide show, it becomes more effective. We can emphasize things with pictures or displayements. Besides, through oral presentations you get used to talking in front of other people, which could bring some advantages in life to us. Another point is of course the teamwork. Members of the group work together. Additionally, hearing parts of one subject from different voices makes audience get attention more easily, you know. If one single presenter talked, audience would fall asleep:D But if a second or third person continued to talk, that could wake up the audience:D

This presentation was a practice for me and I can see now what I should work more intensively on. And there was a bad luck for me in the presentation, I couldn't read my notes in my hand during presenting, because I had written them illegibly! That was gross, but next time I will write a better note-paper :)

1 comment:

  1. Don't be too harsh on yourself Can, surely you deserved a better evaluation than that! One thing to remember is that the audience doesn't know what you're going to say, so if you leave something out, you are the only one who knows!

    The point about illegible notes is a very good one! ;-)

    ReplyDelete